Sunday, December 10, 2017

A little bit of whimsy


I know that usually i do a post with very victorian styled projects but i do have a totally different side from working at the scrapbook store that i did.  I got to use so many different papers to create displays and one of my favorite lines was Doodlebug.  So having a bunch of those little cuties in front of me i decided to get out my Venise Lace Mini Card/ Booklet Gift Box die and put together a cute gift card box for a friend.  I created this one in white and then cut pieces of patterned paper to decorate the top and sides.  Under the cute little red bird i added a white die cut from the Francesca Label die to make it all pop.  And the cute little buttons and twine on the front just add a fun touch of whimsey to it all.


My favorite part about this die is that i always need a cute little box for something so i can make this in any color or pattern and fill it with fun things to give for gifts.  And i don't have to go out to the store to find one.... love that part so much.


And for my second project we used to make lots of these little paper wrappers for cellophane bags of treats.  They are from a 12x12 piece of paper and you can cut them 4 inches wide or like mine is 4 1/4 so that i can get more of the colors of the prints to stand out.  I just used the Gossamer Knot Ensemble that goes with the box and made a pretty white trellis backround for my Santa and his tree.


And to finish it i punched two holes in the top and tied some Doodlebug twine and added a sticker heart.  And inside is a goodie bag filled with yummy chocolates to give to my friend.  These are great for those little gifts that you want to give to remember those special in your heart!  

Thank you so much for stopping over and hope that you Christmas Holidays are going good!


Supply List:


Paper and Stickers:  Doodlebug Christmas
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, Permanent Tape Runner

3 comments:

  1. Teresa, you did a SPECTACULAR JOB in creating in a new style! ;) I'm SURE your friend will LOOOVE THIS!! (Larger is better when it comes to chocolate too! LOL) I LOVE my little box die too! It DOES make for easy, having in your stash, to make your own & make it "custom" to what you're already doing!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! What a lovely presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica omega watches uk, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica omega planet ocean watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...