Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Happy Birthday to you

I am so happy that you dropped by my blog today to see what is new here.  It's really hot this week in Southern California so it's great to be inside and craft a little since i can't work in my yard much.  Oh how i can't wait until fall finally gets here this year.


Today i have a special birthday card i made for a friend and i wanted to make something a little bit more fancy and classy.   So i picked one of my favorite pocket dies by Becca Feeken and Spellbinders called "Swirl Bliss Pocket Etched Die".  This one is super intricate and cuts so nicely.  I used a neutral base mixed with white and kraft papers and then added black for the stamp to make it pop.


And for the little circle i found a pretty adhesive rhinestone circle from Ruby Rock-it and added that to it with a few more pearls and a pretty ribbon that i found.  Here is a nice closeup for you to see.


And just to try something different i created the pocket and then also cut another piece that i could trim and glue to the top of the card under the vellum.  It's really pretty i think and frames the sentiment nicely.  Oh and the stamp is from a new set from Penny Black.  I always love her sentiments and the fun ways she does her script.  It goes perfect with Becca's dies.

Anyway... thank you for stopping by and be sure and check back for more ideas!!

Big Hugs... Teresa


1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love everything about it. I love the color, the saying, the lace pocket.. just everything! I very much admire your style.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...