Thursday, August 13, 2015

RRR Blog Hop gettin ready for fall...

It's time again for our blog hope with Really Reasonable Ribbon and another gorgeous ribbon set this month that you can get started with all your fall projects.  It has gorgeous shades of orange, green, gold and browns and the perfect laces to match.  I decided to use a few wooden things i found in my stash to make up some new decorations for my house.  It was super fun and went pretty quick.

 Along time ago in the Scrapbook store i worked at we got this fun product in called Deco Art Metallic Lustre and we had a go with it on all kinds of things.  One of them was wood so i had this idea to mix the greens and the orange and see what happens.  And this is it.  It's an easy product to use because all you need to do is sand the wood really good and then rub it on with an old t-shirt or something soft.  I did the green layer first and then the orange in a few places.  


Here is a closer view of the frame.  I used lots of ribbons, greenery that i cut from
a Spellbinders die and some other fall things i had in my stash.  The fall quote i found
online and thought it looked really good with my $1.50 wood frame.  The outside
frame is Spellbinders Mystical Embrace and the paper is from Basic Grey.


And here is my little birdhouse to got with it.  These are my mother in laws
favorite colors and i think i was channeling something special for her.  I hope
that she is smiling from heaven at what i did :)  Sure miss her alot.

Other things i used for this are: Sandpaper, Stencil for the Birdhouse roof, Glass
bead glitter gel and Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive.  I really love that glue, it really sticks.

Here is the order of our hop this month and if you just started be sure and
go back to the RRR Blog and check out all the other fun things that everyone is
sharing for you this month.  And here is the link for the new


Thanks so much for stopping over and have a wonderful weekend!!

Teresa

29 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS. Love all the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are showstoppers and your mother in law would have loved them and she certainly will be smiliong as she looks down upon them you did her proud, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Teresa - fantastic creations as usual. Love the card and birdhouse and those bow/flower clusters are swoon-worthy!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects and cute ideas for the use of the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, anyone would be over the top delighted to have these beauties in their home! they are fabulous! love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, such beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your mother-in-law is smiling because this is beautiful. Both the bird house and the frame. A beautiful combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bird house! Just a lovely home decor set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card, Teresa. The birdhouse is just over the top beautiful. It's always a pleasure to stop by your sweet blog. I hope you will visit me when you get the time.
    Blessings for a great day,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I didn't realize I wasn't already following you, Teresa. I just became your newest blog follower. I would really appreciate it if you would stop by and follow my blog as well. I always love followers! LOL - Have a great week.
      Your RRR "Teamie",
      Karen
      www.karen-mycuprunnethover,blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. Love this autumn piece. Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your project is gorgeous, ready for the fall colors, and great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects are amazing! I love the green and orange combination, it looks great. Your picture frame project is lovely too. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Goodness! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card and bird house. The array of flowers, the beautiful ribbon and stamping...wow, wow, wow! You have magic in your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my; what gorgeous, beautiful projects. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful. I love all the fall goodness added to it...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, so beautiful! I love your frame and birdhouse. They are gorgeous works of art to enjoy in the home. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful decor, I especially love that birdhouse. I love how you did the bow cluster, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun projects, Teresa. Great creativity with the ribbons.
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the look of the luster on the green frame! And that little bird house and bow is just as cute as they come!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can bet your mother-in-law is so pleased with what you made in her memory. You're very talented and what is more, you are kind.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in love with your bird house, its very pretty and I'm going to try to do one myself. Your frame is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is just so beautiful! What a wonderful autumn project. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous details on these beautiful projects! Love the fall and the glorious colors it gives us! Truly a beautiful collection of ribbons and trims to spark some fall projects!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my your projects are just lovely I would say you are ready for Fall. You really did justice to this moths ribbon selection!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are fabulous projects, I love the bird house, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...