Saturday, November 17, 2012

A little bit of Christmas

So I came back from a fun holiday and the first thing I heard
was 33 days until Christmas.  Eeeeek, has the time really gone by
that fast this year?  It feels like I just put everything away... 
But... I love this season and I can't wait to start again so here
are 2 cards that I made to share today and hopefully I
can post more this week as I get more done!


I did some really fun embossing with this card
using Stampendous aged gold distress powders.  
Did you know that you can sprinkle the powders on
 the front with no ink and emboss on the back?  
Well you can and you get the really pretty effect of 
melted gold dots like you see below around the edges! 
 It is really cool!
Around the outside edges I used a Versamark pen and
then sprinkled the powder on and heated it to match.


The Spellbinders dies I used are Lacey Circles,
mix so beautifully together and I really love the old
world effect on the paper that it gives my card.  
This was really fun to make!


My second card today is a wallet card that you
can use for a photo or gift card or anything else
you might want to tuck inside to give as a gift.
The papers for this are from Basic Grey Christmas 2011
and I just adore the beautiful pointsettia's so I hand
cut lots of them out and made a pretty cluster on
the front to decorate it.  For the flap I rounded the
underneath piece of cream paper and then put
a matching piece of Beaded Circles that I cut and
embossed from Spellbinders. And to give it
even more texture I ran the front piece of paper in an
"Elegance"embossing folder and inked that up a little too..  
The brad is from My Minds Eye :)


For the inside I used a Spellbinders Edgeabilites die
Classic Decorative Inserts Five and made the pockets.
I cut a few more flowers and added them on the
side and a little bit of gold stickles on the flowers.
This just says Christmas don't you think?  

I hope you like my cards for today and I hope 
you all have a wonderful day and get inspired to
start a few fun projects for yourself.  I am off to
teach 2 more file folders (Christmas and Disney)
this morning and will share those too....  

Happy Card Making :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa, both these cards are stunning, I especially love the wallet...it is scary how few weeks there are left until Christmas and still so much crafting to do! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your inspiration Teresa. Just wanted to say how lovely the cards are on your blog. Love the wallet and the papers you have used. Will have a go at that one later today. Laraine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...