Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day card ideas

Mom's are amazing women.  They juggle so many plates
at one time and for some it is effortlessly. It's amazing...
 Here is a poem I found to dedicate 
to all the wonderful moms out there! 
And a few cards to give you ideas to make a few for
a special mom, aunt, grandma, or sister in your life! 


Mother's Love 
Her love is like
an island in life's ocean,
vast and wide
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the wind, the rain, the tide.
'Tis bound on the north by Hope,
By Patience on the West,
By tender Counsel on the South
And on the East by Rest.
Above it like a beacon light
Shine Faith, and Truth, and Prayer;
And thro' the changing scenes of life
I find a haven there. 


Author Unknown 


I loved the pinks and browns in this collections and the die fit perfect
 to cut out this piece and use it as the focal point for my card. I cut
out and embossed the paper for the dressform with my
 Spellbinders die Romantic Rectangles S5-090.---  It's soo pretty! 
For the scallop I used an Edgeabilites die E8-008 on the music
notes paper and tucked it under the rectangle.  The rest
is layering squares and rectangles and adding a cute
bow with an old fashioned rose and a few stickpins.



For this card I used the patterns in the MME paper
for the backround and cut a matted rectangle for the
back and over that I layered a small Labels Eighteen
die cut shape and over that I used the frame and tiny
inset to have as a backdrop for the Mother Tag from MME.
To finish it I added little flowers from Petaloo and a
tiny snippet of ribbon. 


This was a really fun card to make so I saved it for last.
I used 3 dies for this card:
Spellbinders Scalloped Squares S4-127
Leafy Squares S4-332
and Edgeabilites E8-012 and moved the paper
just so the purple was peeking out under the edge.  
I masked the backround with 3 colors of ink and stamped
the black over it.  It didn't need much else more than a pretty
ribbon and a flower and a few stickpins and it was all done.
Now for some great sentimental poems for the inside and 
I can send them out for Sunday.. Yay!


Thank you so much to all of you that left the kind comments
for the Blog hop it was really fun and I hope that lots of you got to win 
some of these amazing dies to play with!  


Have a great Sunday,
Hugs---Teresa

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem - and 3 wonderful cards! love the flowers and ribbons on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julia - that means alot coming from you :) Your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Happy Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards & LOVE all the dies you've used on them ...
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...