Friday, January 6, 2012

It's the Season for Love :)

I think my favorite time of year is probably Valentines.
You can never have enough hearts, or tell people that you 
love and adore them enough and it has the best colors
of any season out there... I love it :)  
We are getting in lots of products so I am madly creating
lots of fun cards and books and momentos to give to
people. I think my favorite so far this season is Crate Papers
 New Valentine Collection.  I made some cards to show today 
along with a few favorites from Doodlebug.
Sometimes the colors work so great together it is easy
to put together lots of things pretty quick.
And... it helps if you love what you do....

So first I want to share 4 cards with Crate Paper Valentines. 
Of course I had to use some of my Spellbinders Dies
on a few( love them too) and I am quit happy with the results...


(This sketch from this card is from Mojo Monday)



I have so much fun creating with the 6x6 pads because
it is quick and easy and you have lots and lots of
prints to chose from and they don't have to all be
super elaborate.  I used lots of stickers and rub-ons
for the Sentiments to save time so that is another option
for you to try too. 

Next I made lots of cards and tags with the cutest
Valentine collection from Doodlebug.  There is the
cutest cupcakes, strawberries, layer cakes and dots
to work with and the tags and stickers made it
super fun to just keep creating until I ran out of paper.


By the end of the pad I had lots of tiny pieces so
I created this card with lots of ribbon looking pieces
hanging from an edged cut piece of paper.  This is
my favorite and yep it has lots of things going on
but I really like it and I am going to have to find
someone special to send it to this year!!

Doodle bug has packages of bakers twine with
lots of coordinating shades so if you find some be
sure and load up on this product because it is fun
and really inexpensive to use on things...





All the Doodlebug cards are something that you can
create quick with just the pad and tags and bits of ribbons
that you have in your stash.  In an afternoon you can
have a dozen cards or more to send out or keep in
your box to send at a later date... and the cards don't
always have to be Valentine themed either. You
can do them for friends or thinking of you or maybe
even a Special Thank you to someone.

I hope you LOVE these as much as I do and inspired
you to create a few for you this weekend!

Have a wonderful day,
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. how fab. I seemed to have just finished Christmas and how quickly Valentine's is round the corner. Thanks for the reminder to get started on cards for Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of your Valentine cards!! Especially the Crate Paper cards- LOVE that collection! You really rocked them all!!! FAB use of the Spellbinders dies!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...